Your baby only grows up once, take care of those little feet.
Classic Style meets Modern Innovation
Beko Baby merges a timeless shoe style with a clever and easy to use zipper closure invention.
The under-arch zipper runs from one side, all the way beneath the shoe and up the instep. This allows the back part of the shoe to swing open like a car door, thus allowing a wiggly and squishy baby foot to easily slide in and be safely and securely ensconced with one quick ZIP!
Developing Feet need a Healthy Environment
Flexibility is one of the most important elements of a child’s first shoe.
A shoe that allows the foot freedom of movement is critical for the infant taking his or her very first steps, as well as for the toddler who runs, jumps, and climbs all day long. The highly flexible two-part outer sole on Beko Baby shoes facilitates this constant and dynamic movement whilst ensuring comfort.
Thoughtful Design, Quality Construction
Beko Baby shoes are a beautiful marriage of functional design and craftsmanship. There is nothing extraneous, just a handful of simple elements which come together to create the perfect first-walker shoe.
- Handmade: Every shoe is assembled and finished by hand.
- Outer Body: Made of soft and durable Italian leather, which permits proper contouring to the foot and also allows the foot to breathe.
- Outer sole: Extraordinarily flexible in all directions, and provides excellent traction to reduce risk of slips and falls.
- Inner sole: Fully removable and features an orthopedic cushion, which helps to support proper bone development.
- Zipper closure: A leather lining runs beneath the zipper, on the inside of the shoe, protecting small feet from irritation and discomfort.
- Bootie style: Coverage of the base of the ankles increases support and protection while preventing ankle chafing.
- Made in Europe: All Beko Baby shoes are manufactured in Bulgaria, as they have been since day one.
Watch our video to see the shoe in action...
About the Brand
The original “Беко бебешки буйки” (cyrillic for “Beko baby shoes”) was introduced over 20 years ago in the verdant Balkan country of Bulgaria. Over the decades little has changed in the design and craftsmanship of this beloved brand— every shoe is still handmade in the family factory in Europe, and held to the most exacting standards of its founder: Kostadin Belarev.
Today, Beko Baby retains all of the innovation of the original design, just as the inventor of the clever under arch zipper created it. Instead of moving towards cheaper materials, outsourced manufacturing, and loose production standards for the sake of saving a few dollars, Beko Baby has actually gone in the opposite direction. With constant improvement of small features upon the shoes (such as a better under-zipper leather strip, stronger zippers, and softer Italian leather), the brand aims ever higher in its goal— to make the finest, most comfortable, and most beautiful first-walker shoes for your baby.
The Expert Opinion
DOCTOR NINA RAIKOVA KALUDOVA, MD, SHARES HER EXPERTISE ON INFANT FOOT DEVELOPMENT
Doctor Kaludova was kind enough to give us her personal recommendation for the Beko Baby shoe brand.
Nina Raikova Kaludova, MD, graduated with a degree in medicine in 1979, with a specialty diploma in the field of physical and rehabilitation medicine in 1987. We present her educated opinion with regard to the importance of the healthiness of a child’s foot, as well as the benefits of the innovative and podiatric Beko Baby shoes.
“The main goal during the child’s fourth trimester is for him to take his first steps. That usually occurs between the ninth and the fourteenth month. During this time a child’s feet are easily susceptible to deformation, therefore making the correct choice for shoes can prevent future issues with walking. The appropriate shoes for your child should be:
- Neither too tight, nor too loose
- Made of natural leather and with natural lining
- With thick, non-slippery and elastic soles
- With a solid rear part made of thicker natural leather that supports the heel
- With a loose, rounded front part and a tip that supports the big toes
- Easy to put on
The innovative zipper on Beko Baby shoes encompasses the lower part of the sole and allows for the shoe to be almost split in half, which makes it better for the movement of the child's foot. When it comes to the proper formation of the foot's arch, between the child's first and fourth years, it is crucial for the child to wear shoes that both support the instep and allow significant movement of the foot, which will prevent deformation and flat footedness. The most natural way for a child's feet to develop is when they are barefoot. The next best thing to that is a well-fitting, low-heeled, elastic shoe, exactly like the Beko Baby shoes."